I may have mentioned it once or twice that two of my stories were published in an anthology in 2017… Anyhow, here are all the details you need to get excited over retellings of the the classic Cinderella story.
Cinderella Reimagined: An anthology of Cinderella Retellings
Do you sometimes feel you are living a Cinderella life? Maybe there is a little Cinderella in all of us. Even your favorite guy best friend may have his happily ever after, Cinderella style.
Don’t take your shoe shopping routine for granted. You never know who might be there to help you try on your new perfect pair, a pair that may not be just ordinary shoes. A glass slipper could be magical or perhaps one left behind in need of a little TLC. Remember, magic dwells in the most unexpected places.
And do let some step-sisters surprise you. They are not all ugly. After all, Cinderella is one, too.
Most importantly, don’t let Cinderella fool you into believing that she is a pushover or a damsel in distress.
Cinderella Reimagined is an anthology of Cinderella retellings, consisting of fourteen short stories written by a group of authors who took on the challenge of giving the classic folk tale a modern twist. Opening with a short poem, the book is an enjoyable easy read, with stories told from various perspectives. Most importantly, Cinderella becomes anything but the classic fairy tale princess we have known.
This collection is for readers who are looking for a feel-good and fun book.
Where to get it:
Paperback edition: Amazon.com
The Poem / Stories and Authors
1) Inner Cinderella by Meenakshi Sethi
2) Ella and the Rock Star by Sascha Darlington
3) Just Another Lost Slipper by Theresa J. Barker
4) Just Deserts Ronel Janse van Vuuren
5) The Tribulations of James the Second by Liz Kellebrew
6) City of Magic by Anna Jailene Aguilar
7) The Chariot’s Chagrin by Nausheen Athar
8) Cinderella and her Diamond Heels Amanda M. Eifert
9) Borrowed Bounces by Bianca Greyvenstein
10) Drizella, Cinderella’s Stepsister: My Story by Edith Follansbee
11) A Kingdom for a Shoe by Sunny Lanning
12) Lights by Ronel Janse van Vuuren
13) Cinderfella by Grace Burleson Smith
14) Little Rich Girl by Theresa J. Barker
15) The Perfect Pair by Anna Jailene Aguilar
Leave a review on Goodreads for Cinderella Reimagined — the authors will love you for it!
To find out more about Reimaginings Books and other retellings they’re planning, go to https://reimaginingsbooks.com/
Excited yet? Good. Now go and add this book to your reading challenge for this year — you know reading is good for you 😉 Do you have any questions for the authors?
Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free ebook. I won’t share your information and I’ll only email you once a month with updates on new releases, special offers, and a bit of news.