I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Andrea Lundgren. Thanks, Andrea!
The rules are as follows:
Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
– Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
– Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know).
– Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
My Q&A with Andrea:
- What is your favorite book, or if you prefer, your favorite author?
Currently, “Brothers Grimm Folk Tales” is my favourite book.
- Is there a country you have always wanted to visit, and if so, where?
Scotland. Specifically, the Highlands and Islands filled with folklore and Fae magic.
- What do you enjoy about blogging, and how has your blog changed in unexpected ways since you started it?
I enjoy sharing the research I do on various folklore topics and to do posts about my writing journey. I never thought when I started blogging, that I’d do more than just weekly writerly posts.
- What is your favorite time period to read or write in, and why?
As a reader, I like historical novels (Medieval or Regency). As a writer, I like to write contemporary fantasy.
- What is your favorite time period to watch on film or television, and why?
I like explosions, superheroes and techy things when I watch TV – so that has to be as current as possible. For film, I like romantic comedies and dramas, so that can really be from any time period.
- How do you find inspiration?
When it doesn’t just cudgel me over the head? *grin* I go for long walks, play on Pinterest or read.
- What started you down the road of writing and blogging?
I’ve been writing stories since I was a tween (making up stories looong before that) so I don’t really know what got me on the road of being an author. But blogging? I read that writers should blog…
- How do you keep yourself motivated?
Oh, the usual: chocolates, flowers, promises I don’t intend to keep… No, wait: that’s from “Beauty and the Beast”. Still, it happens 😉
- What four people would you invite to a dinner party (contemporary, historical, or fictional)?
Elizabeth Bennett, Cate Blanchet, Albus Dumbledore, Emma Watson. (Now that can be fun…)
- What is your favorite kind of weather?
Depends on my mood. Some days I like stormy weather (even if that means I can’t work on my computer) and the rest of the time I’m content with the blazing sun we have around all year.
- If you could have any pet, real or fictional, what would it be?
A dragon. Specifically, the Dragon of the Caledonian Forest (my own creation) who hoards books…
My 11 nominees (in no particular order):
Carin @ Hersenskim
Erika @ cloud nine girl
Jacqui @ worddreams…
Anne @ I think, I say, I do
Theresa @ Lab Notes
Louise @ Dragonspire UK
Ben @ Just Punch the Clock
Lydia @ Noveltea
Kerry @ Allusionary Assembly
Lindsay @ Lindsay Lovin’ Life
Raven @ everywhere and nowhere
Here are my 11 questions for them:
- Pantser or Planner: do you plan your projects or do you just go by ear?
- Red or Green: in new situations do you jump in all fired up or do you watch and listen?
- Short Stories or Novels: which do you write and why?
- To NaNoWriMo or not to NaNoWriMo: will you write a complete first draft this November or not? Explain.
- Give away your writing for free: do you publish short stories about your novels on writing platforms like Wattpad to generate more readers? Whether you do or don’t, explain your reasoning.
- Writing competitions: do you enter them or do you shun them? Why?
- Social Media: Google+ or Twitter? Which one do you prefer and why?
- Slow blogging (once or twice a week) or daily blogging: which one appeals to you most and why?
- Fantasy (and other genres like it) or Realism: write it, read it and what appeals to you in it?
- If you could only eat one type of food for every meal forever, what would it be and why?
- Oliver Queen from Smallville (first guy in green below) or Oliver Queen from Arrow (second guy in green below): who would you rather have guarding your city? Why?
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers!