A-Z Blogging Challenge, Andrea Lundgren, Aneesh Bhat, blogging, Carin Marais, Damyanti Biswas, Joynell Schultz, Liebster Award, NaNoWriMo, Nthato Morakabi, Suzanne Rogerson, The Gentleman’s Ghost, Trisha Faye, Wattpad, Ztevetevans
I am honoured that my blog Ronel The Mythmaker received a nomination for the Liebster Award 2016 from my new blogging friend, Trisha Faye. We met during the #AtoZChallenge in April.
These are the guidelines to keep the Liebster circulating (it is designed to show recognition for our blogging efforts):
1. Display an image of the award and write about your nomination.
2. Thank and link the person who nominated you for the award.
3. Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for the nominees to answer.
5. List these guidelines in your blog post.
Here’s the Q&A with Trisha:
Which of the following would you choose and why?
1. Printed books or E-books? E-books when I’m trying out a new author – it’s a lot cheaper and better for the environment. Printed books for all my favourites that I like to reread 🙂
2. Indoors or Outdoors? Indoors. Humans have dedicated thousands of years perfecting indoors…
3. City or Country? Country. There’s enough space for my Rottweilers to run around and I can stare at the greatness of the outdoors through my window 😉
4. Cats or Dogs? Dogs. Definitely dogs. They’re warm, affectionate and aim to please.
5. Shopping or Camping? Shopping. Finding that perfect dress for Kate to wear to the Spring Formal is essential. You did mean shopping for my characters, didn’t you?
6. Driver or passenger? Driver. No, passenger. Driver. Argh! I like to stare out the window while on the road, letting my mind drift. But being the driver means I can unleash my inner Racer X… Perhaps it’s safer for everyone if I’m a passenger 🙂
7. Spicy or Mild? Spicy. I love jalapeños and add it to everything I possibly can.
8. Thriller or Romance? Thriller if I’m watching TV. Romance if I’m reading.
9. Blue jeans or Dress Up? Where am I going? What am I feeling? That’s very important before deciding what to wear. Though, if I’m just going to the vet jeans are the best option with my wild little boys.
10. Beach or Mountains? Mmm… Dragons mostly live in the mountains and I’d love to meet one. Though handsome Selkies roam the beaches in search of mortal brides… Dragons – and mountains – seem to be the best bet.
11. Country music or Rap? Isn’t there a third option? Like hard rock? Please?
The bloggers I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award are (in no particular order except alphabetically):
Andrea @ Into the Writer Lea
Aneesh @ Dark Light
Carin @ Hersenskim
Damyanti @ Daily (W)rite
Joynell @ Joynell Schultz
Nthato @ A-scribe to Describe
Suzanne @ Suzanne Rogerson Fantasy Author
The Gentleman’s Ghost @ Graveyard Secrets
Ztevetevans @ Under the influence!
Here are my 11 questions for them:
- Pantser or Planner: do you plan your projects or do you just go by ear?
- Red or Green: in new situations do you jump in all fired up or do you watch and listen?
- Short Stories or Novels: which do you write and why?
- To NaNoWriMo or not to NaNoWriMo: will you write a complete first draft this November or not? Explain.
- Give away your writing for free: do you publish short stories about your novels on writing platforms like Wattpad to generate more readers? Whether you do or don’t, explain your reasoning.
- Writing competitions: do you enter them or do you shun them? Why?
- Social Media: Google+ or Twitter? Which one do you prefer and why?
- Slow blogging (once or twice a week) or daily blogging: which one appeals to you most and why?
- Fantasy (and other genres like it) or Realism: write it, read it and what appeals to you in it?
- If you could only eat one type of food for every meal forever, what would it be and why?
- Oliver Queen from Arrow or Oliver Queen from Smallville: who would you rather have guarding your city? Why?
Though I suspect the award is a lot like a schoolyard chain letter, it’s fun to take part in and by asking (and answering questions) I get to know my fellow bloggers better. Oh, and perhaps it serves as motivation to blog (again/ more often/ whatever you need) 😉
Here’s to having fun.
Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free ebook. I won’t share your information and I’ll only email you once a month with updates on new releases, special offers, and a bit of news.